"A soldier doesn't fight because he hates what is in front of him. A soldier fights because he loves what he left behind." - unknown

"God is our refuge and strength. He will protect us and make us strong" (ps 46:1). For those who will fly today, for those who are there now, and for those who will soon join the fight, Lord, shield them from all evil, strengthen their hearts, and bring them home safely.


Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Dear National Guard Spouse (The Homefront United)

Dear National Guard Spouse,
I see you.
I see that you are just like me. That you fight back the same tears, straighten the same shoulders, and force that same last, little smile when you watch him walk away not knowing if that is the last time.
I see you hold those same little hands and hold those same tiny bodies when they cannot understand why “daddy has to leave.” I see that you fight for the same strength, pray the same prayers, hope for the same hopes.
I see that you are fighting as hard as you can to simply survive on those days while an entire country calls for you to thrive ... continue reading here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Thanks for sharing : )