"A soldier doesn't fight because he hates what is in front of him. A soldier fights because he loves what he left behind." - unknown

"God is our refuge and strength. He will protect us and make us strong" (ps 46:1). For those who will fly today, for those who are there now, and for those who will soon join the fight, Lord, shield them from all evil, strengthen their hearts, and bring them home safely.


Sunday, May 1, 2011

Not Over

I was driving down Bonnabel with my mom after a doctor's appointment when the first plane hit. I was turning onto Veterans when the second plane hit. I remember walking down the halls. I remember the eerie quiet in the school. I remember just hearing the light murmur from the TV's in the classrooms I passed. I remember not speaking. I remember falling to the ground when someone asked if I had heard from my brother who lived in New York. I remember every little moment of that day. I remember staring at the green tile on the walls not hearing much of anything else around me. I remember when I heard my brother's voice for the first time. I remember hearing him cry. 


I remember.


I will remember this day for a long time. I will remember telling my husband who didn't know yet. I will forever remember watching his face while he listened to the President speak through the speakers of Skype. I will remember him saying, "This is a good day for justice." I will remember my tears, the goosebumps, how much my body shook. I will remember. And I will hold onto this day.

But as my husband said tonight, "This is not over." This does not mean my husband will come home sooner. This does not mean his next deployment won't happen. This does not mean we are safe. This war is not over. Understand that.

The mission is not completed. Everything has changed. Everything just became a little bit trickier.

Please do not think today means the prayers can stop. Please do not think our men and women can now come home. Please do not think that their mission is done.

They need your prayers more than ever.

Always, always, always pray for our troops.

God Bless them. God keep them safe.


"The fight against terror goes on, but tonight America has sent an unmistakable message: No matter how long it takes, justice will be done." -George W. Bush 5/1/11

2 comments:

I LOVE comments! Thanks for sharing : )